Who we are
Six Degrees Social Enterprise is a Salford based Community Interest Company. It was established as a social enterprise under the Department of Health’s Right to Request programme and began trading as an independent service provider on the 1st of August 2011.
We have developed a reputation for delivering high performing and innovative mental health services, training and consultancy support. We currently employ over 40 staff and our annual turnover is approximately £1,200,000 per year.
Please watch the video below to find out more about Six Degrees and how we evolved as a Social Enterprise.
Our social enterprise status allows us to:
- Build on the successes of the NHS and work in a transparent and open way.
- Provide a lean and professional approach that is cost effective.
- Demonstrate value for money to those who commission our services.
How we reinvest our trading surplus:
We reinvest our trading surplus in a number of ways. In 2015 we used 15% of our trading surpluses to sponsor charitable causes that further our social mission:
- Financial support to the Turjuman BME project that has enabled the organisation to establish itself as an independent charitable organisation providing health, wellbeing and social support to many people in Salford’s South Asian community.
- Financial support to Salford Women’s Centre so that the organisation can continue the work of its community café which provides subsidised meals and an invaluable place of refuge.
- Financial support to the Singing with Dementia music groups that offer a place where people living with dementia and their carers can relax, enjoy the atmosphere, singing and companionship.
- Work with under-represented groups such as people who hard of hearing or deaf and people with learning difficulties to obtain improved access to talking therapies.
- Sponsorship of a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner Masterclass on the COM-B Model of Behaviour Change, University of Manchester.