Our services are confidential and free to use for people living in Salford aged 16 years and over.
We use proven psychological treatments that build on people’s own strengths.
We promise to:
- Make every effort to see you quickly at a time and location that is accessible to you.
- Work with you to identify the issues you are trying to deal with.
- Explain the kinds of treatments that are available and agree with you the ones that you think will be helpful.
- Agree with you the level of support and frequency of appointments you require
- Work out your personal plan, taking account of your commitments and personal circumstances.
- Deliver a speedy and professional response throughout.
- Work with you in your own language with the support of Interpreters and translated materials where needed.
- Be there when you need us.
We provide 1:1 talking therapy for people who are struggling with common mental health problems such as depression or anxiety. This can be face to face or on the telephone.
We also work closely with specialist teams to support people with chronic health problems such as diabetes and Coronary Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Research indicates that in such cases people may benefit from psychological support.
We provide several courses and groups including Mindfulness, Take Control and the STEPS course for the Jewish community.
We also provide supervision, training and consultancy services.
We carry out research into the effectiveness of mental health interventions provided in primary care. Current research projects include the Knowledge Transfer Partnership on ‘emPoWereD conversations’, our communications training course for the day to day carers of people living with dementia; and the Randomised Control Trial for our Take Control course.