The definition of quality for NHS services was set out by Lord Darzi in the NHS Next Stage Review Leading Local Change as comprising three elements:
• the effectiveness of the treatment and care provided to patients.
• the safety of treatment and care provided to patients.
• the experience patients have of the treatment and care they receive.
Source: Quality Governance in the NHS ‐ A guide for provider boards (2011), National Quality Board.
We therefore work closely with our partners and we have a number of systems that help ensure delivery of quality services including:
1) Adherence to the 7 Pillars of Clinical Governance.
2) Registration with the Care Quality Commission.
3) Anonymous feedback from people who use our services.